Friday, June 27, 2008

Taking a break from work

Need a break from all this non stop powerpoints, excel sheets, videos...thinking back i ask myself why i chose to leave the easy life...or comparatively easy. 4 emails a day, 12 hour working week, adhoc simple projects...i came to the conclusion that my appetite for life is relatively quite big.

Working on a Saturday doesn't make me feel dull but instead it spurs me to work even harder to achieve balance in my life. Sometimes the quiet home (minus my dog) can be a place to harvest great ideas. We tend to plough through the day in the office and come back exhausted and the only place we really call home is our bed (or to others the couch). This has been my life for the past 1 week. However, it was peppered with a yoga session, 2 jog sessions, a girlfriend embracing dinner, a family dinner, a birthday party, massage, some (window) shopping....well, pretty balanced I must say. Glad to say that I am enjoying the solitude of begin alone at home.

Time to get back to prettifying things.

No comments: