Friday, December 12, 2008

The De-Virginisation Process

I have been contemplating to do a perm since 2006 in BKK when all my LZBs did their perm in Siam Square. I guess I am a creature of habit and thus since given myself excuses that I can always set my hair when I want a permed look. Oh well, with my recent hoards of taiwanese / HK fashion mags, it has renewed my fascination of curly locks.

So with gusto, i surfed the net for reviews, pictures of people who have stepped out of the salon. I settled for 2 options. My usual stylist May who so sadly has left ActPoint but I could not get a slot today evening. And I needed instant gratification. So I searched further. I found a picture without a face. This is the pic. Showed it to my colleagues and we had a good laugh. Apparently this girl's pic was taken the next day she awoke. I was quite taken in by this and checked where she did her hair.

It was taken at Far East at a Salon called Francis and Jean. Stylist was Sean Lew. So I quickly called and made an appt. Viola! Ok for me to come at 630 this evening...so happy...then armed with my 4 magazines, i made my way there with anticipation. So i started my virgin perm....see below for pics!

The first thing Sean said was (in chinese) "I know what you want. Big, loose, natural curls because 9 out of 10 girls want this" Hahaha...my session started out quite "38" already. Then when i showed him pictures of my expectation, he told me it was not possible. It needs time to soften and that the effect on magazines are just stylings. OK. Brownie points for being so honest. Then he showed me the Shiseido cream he was using. Showed me the brand so that i think he is not using some kuching kurup brand. (Please lor, budget chain hotels in Japan also use Shiseido brand toiletries....how i know the premium-cy of his products). So we started out first with some Shiseido cream to "soften" my hair. This is the same cream used for rebonding...After the cream, we start with some Octopus machine...

After my curlers were taken out of the octopus machine. My hair SHRUNK

This is the stylist. 23 years old Sean Lew from Lian Bang. Work in this salon for 8 mths. Total working experience 5 - 6 years starting in KL Mines Resort. The look below was after the squeezed some white liquid to my hair...dragged down a little. Can see the shape a little more obvious.
The back view of my head
Showing me what it looks like behind
Viola...before i left the Salon. No more virgin liao....and very different from the picture of the faceless girl...but overall still happy.

1 comment:

ahBao said...

Nice! I like! Must wait my hair longer then i also perm jap look.