Wednesday, November 30, 2005

GOD's Grace and commitments

The monday that has just passed will be one that I will never forget. Last week, I was having lunch with my colleague. Let's call her "Black Face" Queen. We all have royalties attached to our nicknames. For the record, mine is "Attitude"Queen. During lunch, we were chatting about my relationship with Panda. My question to her was if I should sit him down and ask him what exactly he wanted. Honestly, sometimes I am really dying to know. Yet on other occasions, I rather not lest the truth hurts. "Black Face" Queen said I should not ask. Just let it be.....

Anyway, last Sunday I attended service. It was a new pastor preaching today. Initially it was quite a yawn....somehow, she lacked the stage presence the usual pastor commanded. Me and Panda started scribbling on PDA communicating to each other. He said he wanted to go to Israel for his honeymoon....I replied SURE! Stay in HDB sure can afford exotic honeymoons. HA! However, towards the end of the message....the gist of the message was a real simple one. It is not by works that we are saved. It is by God's GRACE. It is also through GOD's Grace that we will receive what we want. Oh well....Panda and me had a pretty long discussion on this. For survival, can we entirely depend on GOD's Grace? It was a topic we both had our skeptism and at the same time belief.

On Monday evening after our stroll by the beach, Panda asked me in the car...If I had any issues about him buying "THE PROPERTY". I was really quite lost for words. This had been what I wanted to ask deep down inside. Than Panda said something. He said that because he is with me and knowing my current situation, its not practical to buy a brand new property. The best way to conserve the cash was to buy over. "THE PROPERTY"'s location is honestly the bane of the problem. I AM A CITY GIRL. All my life, I have stayed 10 minutes to Orchard Road. I really wonder what is life like on the other end of our tiny island. To take it in stride is one thing...to experience it first hand is another...WORRIED. But commitments come with compromise.

Well....I finally experienced GOD's Grace. Honestly, HE gave me what I wanted to know and it marks the start of another chapter in my life.

Today I finally received my year end incentive scheme. God is good...HE knows that I will be going to Russia! Hee hee!

No comments: