Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Doubts

In 2007, marriage and kids and raising a family was the main priority for me...disaster (well to my LZBs, this was a blessing) struck when things fell out with Panda and I was in constant coma for a good 8 mths...Found LTM and feelings remained the same. Marriage, kids, family...

Come 2008....almost 3 good months into the year...suddenly i am beginning to doubt the institution of marriage. Looking at all around me...who has a happy marriage or a truly wonderful relationship? Maybe I am picking on the bad ones and not looking at the good ones...maybe I am just not ready for anything...realisation is not at a good time...commitments have to be made but i am not ready at all. I read Nono's blog about being single and I can sense the feeling of triumph she has conquering her singlehood and I am happy for her. Why am i always in a state of confusion? Its just me....no one else's problem but my big problem. Hum Bao wrote me an email late last night and she had this for me:
"Hmmm.... dont know. on one hand i really wanna tell u tt life is short. just do whatever that makes u happy... On the other hand, precisely, life is short, hence we shld make informed and prudent decisions. Bcoz u dont hv a lifetime of time for wasting...."
I wrote an email back to her today telling her that there is no right or wrong decision. Only a decision that we all have to make right....anyway....got to get back to work. Tmr going to China and 30% prepared.

No comments: