Thursday, March 13, 2008

Jaycee's Motherland

As I made my way to Heathrow and bade goodbye to charming London, I was excited to be in Germany once again. Memories of perfect trains and beautiful Bavaria enveloped my thoughts...yum..pretzels, pork knuckles and H&M kept me looking forward after 4 days of 5ams in London..i want to sleep late, eat alot and shop alot! LV, Chanel, Loewe, mama is coming for u!

Checking in at heathrow was a piece of cake! Not as mad as I expected..I was happy since I was on a cheap ticket. $136 one way! Bloody hell, reach the counters, my ticket only allowed one baggage and I had 2! So i paid GBP30 for my other half empty 15kilo luggage! Nevermind lar...already here...just spend the money..

Gates to the european flights open only 30 mins before take off...so i walked around the terminal and spent some money...my only opportunity to shop..almost blew $400 on a burberry scarf...super super soft...in love...

The plane probably had 50 passengers...the first thing i noticed was how classic this plane was (READ: OLD) ..the seats were clad in taxi style "leather" and frays of white thread could be seen peeping out conspicuously. An announcement came up and said that there was not enough food for all...what a joke..no wonder my ticket was a steal...so asked the passengers to be prepared...was thinking to myself...wa...2 hours what to do on plane? Never pack anything at all....as the plane took off...KABOOM! the overhead carriage gave way on top of me and the coats came sliding to the floor....i was like dot dot dot dot........russian plane arh? lucky never kena my head..but i was already laughing to myself...
to my surprise, it was an hours flight. The BA ticketing lady told me it was a 2 hour flight...gosh.....how in touch she was with her flights...

Happy to have landed...it was a cold cold night...only one counter was open...and the queue was crawling..so i waited and waited. For like 30 mins...by the time i saw Franky at the gate it was 1140pm...when I was supposed to have been out by 1050pm...So happy! Start of my holiday!

The first night after I arrived:
Walked along the old streets of Wiesbaden which happened to the richest Spa town in the 18th Century. Saw the shops that made me pretty excited, H&M, Zara, Finky, Ospay, FINK...thinking to myself, wah...tmr i sure very occupied.

Day 2: I woke up at 8am and forced myself back to sleep. By the time I was awake fully, it had started to snow! So i stayed in my room for another 2 hours chatting online and working and stared blankly into the feather light snow and enjoying the cold...feeling hungry...i ventured out into the streets...My first meal...thai fried rice (vaguely)...finally! and chicken tom yum soup.

The piping hot soup kept me nice and warm and then it was time to hit the streets! Always to nice to walk along the streets in Europe...cobbled, old, chilly, different!...So i walked and shopped till it was about 4pm, damage was a nice wool hat for 5 EUR from H&M, Trenchcoat from H&M and a pair of 15EUR boots...which i donated away... and Franky called and said he has reserved my bag in LV so tonight we are going to get my bags! Yeah!!! happiness...conquered LV in 2 hours! hahaha....My mommy's Tivoli...




After a whole day of shopping, we went to have Turkish food...it was damn good...lamb never tasted so good.. as you can see the relative size of the table bread! It was HUGE


Day 3: Day Trip to Rudesheim

It was a FANTASTIC day! The sun was out especially for me!


Check out my 5EUR cap...it was my BEST buy...because it kept me nice and warm...

So we made our way down the Rhine...it was beautiful...a river cutting throught Mainz and Rudesheim....so european...












Before we went for food, we drove to the top of the vineyards...it was so beautiful...still remnants of snow all over the grass...and it was freezing...i was chattering while taking these pics. The other pic is one of the Rhine River in the background and the crazy indogerm with the ciggies.















I was starving...so we ordered food enough for 5!!!
From Left: Beef Roulade...the round yellow balls are not potatoes but very very nice dumplings..first time i enjoyed dumplings and
red cabbage sauerkraut, my favourite pork Schintzel with wild mushroom sauce and the famous bratwurst with pickled vegetables. Looks small but dun underestimate german portions!













Walking around town...i chanced upon a quaint little shop...to my surprise it was the christmas shop from Rothenburg!!!! I took this picture for JC and Ah Bao! For memories sake...the trains we used to love! And doesn't the streets look like Rothenburg?












Was so tired I slept in the car on the ride back...so embarassing.....anyway...we ended our day with cakes at the oldest cafe in Wiesbaden. Finally on the last day...I did not do much. Slept in and walked around and bought another pair of Zara boots that were on sale! And I absolutely love it! Next Stop: CHINA!

No comments: