Thursday, May 15, 2008

What we take for granted

Why do I enjoy sandwiches, soup and salad in Singapore so much? While I was in Dubai, I just wanted good ole hot Chinese food when there was a ton of salads and sandwiches on display. And it made me think about the "you have a pool but you rather use someone else's pool" theory. When i touched down at 6am, the first place I drove to was Whampoa market to makan my favourite teochew fishball noodles and tau huay zhui.

Sometimes i ask myself if I expect too much in life...like eat must eat good one..prefer not to eat in food court, drive must drive good one...wear must wear good one. I think I grew up and saw too much too quickly. Maybe compare to the kids now, it is nothing compared to what they have...at 17, I had a "driver" sending me to school in a toyota (then it was like "mai siow siow got 4 wheels" lei...) , at 18 upgrade to Lau Pei Ma-Sai-Di. At 19, upgrade to Lau Pei Jaguar...although lau pei's car, but still quite something lor. Sigh, now that i finally got my own ride...I tell myself that i am so blessed. God has been good. I have a good job (i think), nice folks, great friends, i can afford my lifestyle, healthy, but I still take certain things for granted and ask for more.

No comments: